On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 Appriss pushed the third and final batch of training help points to ICOTS.
As described in the announcements for the first and second batches, the ICOTS Help Points were designed to replace and improve upon the ICOTS User Guide PDF. Instead of a large and cumbersome document that's difficult to update, easy to understand tips and explanations will now be integrated within the application itself.
There are two types of help points now in ICOTS:
- A small blue "hover-over" question mark icon. When a user hovers their cursor over the icon, a text bubble pops up on the screen with helpful information and links.
- A link titled "More help" next to important topics. When a user clicks on this link a new tab opens with helpful information, graphics, and links.
The Help Points in this release are geared toward compact office users and state administrators. This third batch of help points cover the following areas:
- ICOTS Reports
- Accepted Offender Transfers
- Cases Processed
- Total Active Offenders Summary
- Request Reasons Summary
- Active Offender Summary by Crime
- Active Offender Summary by Violation
- Active Offender Demographics
- Duplicate Offenders List
- ICOTS User List
- Overdue Replies to Transfer Requests (45 Day Rule)
- Overdue Reply to RFRI (2 Business Day Rule)
- Overdue Progress Reports
- Overdue Case Closure
- Overdue Replies to Violation Reports (10 Business Days)
- Overdue Replies to Case Closure Notices (10 Business Days)
- Overdue TRs after Expedited Reporting Instructions Approved
- Cases in Need of Notice of Departure
- Cases in Need of Notice of Arrival
- Pending Merges and Deletions of Offenders
- Rejected Cases Requiring Action
- Offenders Awaiting Retaking (30 Calendar Days)
- Addendum to Violation Report in need of a Response (10 Business Days)
- Overdue Response to Probable Cause Hearing (15 Business Days)
- Users Tab
- My Profile
- Manage Case Load
- My Direct Reports
- Administrators Tab
- Create User Account
- Edit User Account
- Edit Compact Office
- Offender Management
- Delete Requests
- Expunge Requests
- Merge Requests
- Move Case Requests
- Edit Offender Demographics
- Exclude Offender from Public Web Services
Help -> ICOTS Support Tab
The ICOTS Support section of the Help tab replaces the former ICOTS User Guide document. This space now directs users back to their own state compact office, to the frequently asked questions section of the helpdesk, and to several other helpful resources.
- ICOTS Total Active Offenders Report typo for "Parole" column header (Problem #116467)
Please sign in to leave a comment.