What is the process for getting assistance with errors or technical difficulties with ICOTS?
- First, always check to see if others at your location are experiencing issues that may be fixed by your IT department. After ruling out local issues, then contact your state compact office for further assistance.
What do I do when the page is loading slowly?
- This could be caused by any number of internal issues. Please check with your IT department to see if your system has recently been updated with new software or if IT is performing maintenance. If the problem persists, call your state compact office.
What happens when the system goes down and we need to initiate a request for Reporting Instructions; do we revert back to hard paper requests?
- We are guaranteed 99% availability to the website. If in the rare instance it does go down those requests will have to be processed once the system is back online.
What do I do when I get an error or if I can’t log into ICOTS?
- Double check your password, make sure your caps lock is off and try again.
- If the error persists, try resetting your password. The password reset link is located on the login page. A new password will be generated and sent to via email.
- If neither of these works, contact your state compact office or the agency designated by your state compact office for assistance.
What do I do if I receive an application error that won’t let me continue?
- Check to see if anyone else in your office has had an interruption of service or has gotten an error. It could be an issue on your computer. If this isn’t the case, contact the state compact office or the agency designated by your state compact office for assistance.
How do you reopen a case in ICOTS if it was closed prematurely or needs to be re-opened due to some incident?
- Reopening closed cases can only be done by the state compact office.