Interstate Compact training results in better offender management and increased public safety. Every jurisdiction, including courts, parole boards and community corrections are subject to the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision’s rules.
All courts and executive agencies in member states must enforce the Compact and take all necessary actions to effectuate its purpose. ICAOS does not impact the judicial sentencing of an offender, only how the offender is supervised across state lines. These training tools and resources highlight the legal authority and implications of the interstate compact rules, statute and procedures.
- Compact Online Reference Encyclopedia
- Benchbook for Judges & Court Personnel
- A Hearing Officer’s Guide to the Retaking Process
- Important Liability Considerations for State Officials
- “Why Your State Can Be Sanctioned Upon Violation of the Compact or the ICAOS Rules”
- “Discharge of Sentences in Lieu of Retaking is a Violation of the Compact and the ICAOS Rules”
These training tools and resources highlight important Interstate Compact rules pertaining to detaining offenders from other states.
- Jail Administrator Training (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Jail Administrators & Magistrates Guide (Template-Publication)
- Jail Administrator OnDemand Training Module (Online Training)
Parole Board Members
These training tools and resources highlight important Interstate Compact rules pertaining to offenders transferring to another state after release from prison.
- Parole Board Training (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Parole Board Guide (Template-Publication)
- Parole Board OnDemand Training Module (Online Training)
Please sign in to leave a comment.