The Warrant Tracking Dashboard tracks warrant status entries and provides an audit tool for managing compact compliant warrants. This dashboard tracks:
- Status of warrant entries
- Timeline of warrant entries
- Compact activity trigger for warrant entries
Why is warrant tracking important?
- Commissioners and DCAs are directly responsible to ensure compliance with ICAOS rules, this includes ensuring timeframes for warrant issuance.
- Documents steps states encounter when issuing warrants. This is important as in most states issuing compact compliant warrants for retaking involve various stakeholders to ensure compliance with ICAOS rules.
- Assists states to identify trends or issues with various agencies involved in warrant issuance.
- Allows warrant related information to be entered on the offender profile in ICOTS, thus communicating the warrant details to a receiving state pending apprehension.
Use Excel Export (to a pivot table format) for optimal reporting results. Export details include*:
- Warrant Status (Active, Withdrawn or Executed)
- Type of Warrant Entry (Created, Updated, Authorization Confirmed (NCIC verification), etc.)
- Various dates (Warrant requested, issued, NCIC entry, NCIC verified, etc.)
- Issuing authority & contact details
- Retaking authority & contact details
- General comments
*Level of details available on the report depends on data entered on the warrant records. States should set standards for its users for both mandatory and non-mandatory field entry expectations. See Warrant Status details for more information.
- Violation Summary Info-Outgoing Cases: Identifies violation reports requiring retaking that trigger need for warrant submitted within a specified timeframe.
- Offenders Awaiting Retaking-Outgoing Cases: Identifies which individuals are currently pending retaking via warrant [Availability =Yes & Latest Violation Response = 'Warrant Requested/Issued'
- Retaking Management Dashboard: Also sent in biannual emails to Commissioners, this report provides a summary of retaking activity including a snapshot of current active warrants and number of individuals awaiting retaking. This report also provides number of individuals retaken (specifying also number retransferred) during a determined timeframe.
- Transmitted Activities-Outgoing Cases: Filtering by 'Arrive Failure' and 'DiscRetake' identifies other warrant triggering activities sent within a specified timeframe.